The Mirror Effect Of The Empath: Why Some People Dislike You Instantly
by Diane KathrineBOOKMARK
We have all experienced it, being around someone who has either taken an instant dislike to us, or a bizarre resentment suddenly appears in those we have known for some time.
There may be no clear reason for this change in their behavior. No matter whether they try to hide their feelings or not, an Empath can sense their loathing and it does not feel good!
Someone taking a dislike to another is a completely normal and acceptable part of life. We are all different and there will always be some people we do not get along with, whether Sensitive or not.
What is often baffling to the Empath is why some people act in an animalistic way towards them, when they know they are a likable and trustworthy person.
Now other than the fact that some people will always want to take away the light of those who shine,
I have come to discover there are three other reasons why people either cool off or take an instant dislike towards the Empath and they are:
- The Act as a Mirror
- Their Vibration is too Fast
- Their Stillness is Wrongly Interpreted
It is common for people to act inauthentically. They hide who they are because they don’t like aspects of their personality. An Empath has the ability to reflect this back to them.
There are some who hide aspects of their personality to manipulate others. But the majority who act inauthentically do so to fit in.
The fear of being judged or disliked, for what they don’t like about themselves, makes some wear a mask of inauthenticity. Even those of a Sensitive nature put on a face when out in the world. There are some, however, who never remove their mask, going through life with a false identity.
When one comes face to face with an Empath there is no hiding from these concealed traits; the mask comes off. The traits they have worked hard to hide or deny are now waved in their face. This often causes ill-feelings to be directed towards the Empath.
Because being around an Empath can bring up anything buried, it may cause a strong loathing to develop in others. However, what those who experience this ‘loathing’ don’t realize is the intense dislike they have, towards the Empath, is simply a reflection of their shadow-side. Anything hidden becomes seen within the ‘Mirror of the Empath’.
The Mirror Effect
Because an Empath picks up on other people’s emotions, hidden behaviors and true personality traits, they can take them on and thus project them back out to their rightful owner. They can wear other people’s truth like the mask they hide behind; even if they are unaware they are doing it.
Anything hidden, such as an insecurity, suppressed shame, guilt or anger,builds the longer it is left buried. If someone has traits they don’t like about themselves, they are reminded of them when in an Empath’s presence. This is one reason why instant dislikes can form towards an Empath.
If this has been your experience, it could well be that you are reflecting back to them the truth they deny. Or there could be another reason…
Your Vibration is Too Fast…
Just like an Empath’s need not to be around people who spew negativity, there are some who cannot stand to be around those who vibrate a clean energy.
When you work on yourself and make any positive changes to your mind, body or spirit, you become cleaner and purer. This can cause rejection from those who need to be around low-level vibrations.
You may have also noticed that when in an emotionally low place, some friends prefer you that way. Yet when you make changes and put yourself in a high vibrating space, those same friends don’t like it. They may try to bring you back down and extinguish your inner-light and happiness.
Vibrating in a higher space can repel even those you love. People sense to change, whether it is visually apparent or not. And they feel when another has changed or stepped up their frequency.
Not everyone is ready to raise their vibration. Some still have lessons to learn at their level and are not ready to move forward. And because they are not ready, they may try to draw you back down.
Also, if you don’t feel like a fit to them anymore, it may cause hostility towards you and another reason they are repelled.BOOKMARK
Written by Diane Kathrine
Diane at Just Be is an Empath and has spent the past 15 to 20 years (‘since waking up’) researching and learning ways to make life as an Empath easier. She has discovered many ways for the Empath to stay healthy and in balance and shares her findings on her blog.
MORE FROM: INTERESTING
- The Hidden, Unconscious Reasons We Are Attracted To SomeoneWe are attracted to people for many different reasons, some of them conscious, some unconscious. MOREby Linda and Charlie Bloom10 days ago
- 5 Reasons to be Happy If You Are Single on Valentine’s DayThere are many reasons to be happy if you are single on Valentine’s Day. Here are 5 of them. MOREby Mitzi Bockmann30 days ago
- How to Deal with Adult BulliesAdult bullies use different methods to gain “power”. MOREby Ellie Osmanabout a month ago
- Is Your Child An Orchid Or A Dandelion ChildWhy some children struggle more to thrive MOREby Shweta Advaniabout a month ago
LEAVE A REPLY
You must be logged in to post a comment.Connect with:
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
The Minds Journal Youtube
- What Type Of Witch Are You According To Your Zodiac Sign09:43
- 10 Signs from the Universe That You Are Walking The Wrong Way08:02
- 16 Things That Will Change When You Finally Meet ’The One’08:24
- 5 Types of Soulmates You’ll Meet and Love At Least Once In Your Life.07:14
- Self DevelopmentThe Perfectionist’s TrapREAD MORE
- Wake Up From AbuseTrauma Trigger People And The EmpathREAD MORE
- Relationship RulesAre You Willing To Be Awake In Your Relationship?READ MORE
- The Oldest Self-healing Method In The World: It Only Takes 10 Minutes A Day!READ MORE
- 5 Devious Things Narcissists Do to Keep You Hanging AroundREAD MORE
QUOTE OF THE DAY
- About Us
- Submission Guideline
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Terms & Conditions
- Contact Us
Copyright The Minds Journal